Miss CHinese International 2010

MISS CHINESE INTERNATIONAL 2010 goes to ....

....Miss Vancouver ( Eliza Sam #19 )

which was VERY DISAPPOINTING !!

honestly , we did not expect her to win ( my family...especially my mother )

and we thought that Miss Malaysia ( Belle Theng #7 ) would win , but she ended up with the 2nd place..... =(

wasted...

Belle Theng stood out the most in the competition...and even won the " Miss Oriental Beauty award " , she have better body , witty thoughts and super smart in choosing her words and the art of speech.....Immaculate person and..with a decent face....what is WRONG with the judges....

from left ( Miss Malaysia -Belle ( 1st runner up _ , Eliza ( winner ) and Miss Toronto )

I admit , Belle is an average looking girl..( look-wise ) but she really have the charisma and confidence ! her poise was awesome as well !!

SOMEHOW the champion is quite a weird person...

during the top 6 interview , the question asked to them was those questions imposed by their own room mate....and what a coincidence , Belle and Eliza were ROOM MATES ( the announced it ) ..SO it would be little awkward for them.....

Eliza's question for Belle was somewhat like a trap :

" Belle , you are very sociable with ALL the other contestants when we have activities and sorts , but why when you in the room , you are so quiet that you did not even talked to me "

and when the camera zoomed to Eliza , she have this face that's indicating something like this ;

you sure can't answer this question ....hehehe ..

Woah....cunning trap question huh ?

My mother actually said that Eliza was quite dumb to show her cunning-ness on that night itself

me and my mum were gasping .....

Thank God Belle was smart enough to answer something like this :

" Eliza , we are having many activities and schedules every Single day , and when I'm in the hotel room , it is time for me to quieten myself down and reflect on what I have learn from the whole day...Besides , Eliza is not a very talkative person and is an introvert....so we prefer to keep a healthy distance "

Belle's question to Eliza was quite tricky...but much tame compared to the one above :

" Eliza , you kept asking people to call you Barbie , but are you as perfect as Barbie ? "

Eliza can't really answer that lols xD

woah ! smart enough !

when MISS TORONTO was announced as the 2nd runner up , me and my mother was elated that we predicted Belle would be the champion !!!!

BUT....tv shows have other better plans...

they gave the two contestants 30 seconds to tell the judges why they deserved to win and etc...

and Belle actually gave a great answer which includes her , judges and all the contestants and why she should win

and Eliza.....( smart girl )... When she stood out , she pretend to cry a little...and talk like she's choking in tears ....

her speech ( something like that ) :

" In the past , many people have laughed at me , saying that it is impossible for me to join Miss Chinese International because my Cantonese wasn't very good , and now i'm here , i'm very grateful and elated to be here ....( blah....all her past stories ) I couldn't believe this ...Girls , Even a person like me can stand on this stage , so YOU CAN TOO !!! follow your dream and you will achieve them ! ) "

and yeah.....in the end , the judges would have to pick the winners based on that.....

so Eliza won Belle by 4-1

Smart Eliza , using emotions to do that...

actually my mother said Belle should have cried and not be tough not to cry ,

and I saw the entertainment news the next day ( they interviewed the judges )

actually everyone voted for Belle to be the champion , but when Eliza presented such a touching speech , they are touched and voted for Eliza instead....

which I felt....

I DO NOT LIKE SUCH SYSTEM !!

We don't see such system in MISS UNIVERSE , MISS WORLD OR etc...

ok...let's be frank ,

Miss Universe and Miss World look for beauty , and the winners are determined by that and a little touch of witty-ness ( if you ARE choosen in the top 5 , if not , you will be silent throughout the WHOLE pageant ) , not much of reality type...

but Miss Chinese International are more close to the audience ( during the competition ) ..... so yeah....

Belle actually went though a lot last year during Ms. Malaysia Chinese International 2009...

the girl beside Belle is Katrina ( HOT FAVOURITE to be the champion of Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2009 )

when the judges vote and Belle won over Katrina 5-4 ...

many are not happy....

internet , the audience ....etc ...everyone do not like Belle to win.....

especially when Belle said " I will do my best in MCI 2010 next year , I won't disappoint everyone "

no one believed her...

Many said that Katrina would win MCI if she's the champion

because Katrina is simply prettier....just by that...

honestly , I was 1/2 supporting Katrina and 1/2 Belle because Katrina have the face ( prettier ) ( no doubt ) and Belle have the charisma and simply speaks better....

and now , I prefer Belle...

Despite Katrina looking pretty and all ,

but her face doesn't have the long-lasting look ....and she do not have the charisma...( which not many would have )

I ADMIT...pretty / hot girls are well , Pretty...but some are Pretty looking but look kinda cheap ( not that kind of cheap , i don't know what to say .... ) as in....they do not have thE X factor which most thing they have....

but some girls have average looking face , but have charisma , the longer you look at them , the more attractive they get , which is Belle..

because honestly , I felt that Belle wasn't the winner material ( face-wise and her chin ( like mine..the moon chin =( )

but she defy everyone to be the 2nd place winner for MCI 2010 i'm so happy for her because she ended a 3 year drought where Malaysia have no placing since 2007 till 2009 xD

but Belle and Eliza taught me many lessons...

Belle taught me that despite being average looking and having the " moon chin" you still can win ...

Eliza taught me that despite being 5 feet 4 , you still can be the winner

Belle taught me that good posture and confidence allows you to stand out from the rest

Eliza taught me that despite being not so fluent ( as in understanding in Cantonese ) , you still have hope in MCI ....

and Belle is somewhat like myself since she have small eyes , bob haircut and the moon chin...
( i know you are laughing at me xD )

ok...maybe i do not have her perfect body of __ ( forgot her bust size ) , 23 inch waist and 36 bottom....

woah....if i have her bust size , maintain my 22 inch waist and my 34 bottom ....i would be the happiest person on earth XD ( dream onnnnnn ) xD

WHATever the result , I definately learn loads from that......

* Mum actually asked me to join...( I know many will be laughing at me ...)

but I hesitate...because

1 ) my height
2 ) my weight...
3 ) not so witty in speaking...

especially number 3 haha xD

maybe i will join one day , when i'm 24 or 25 xD

looking at beauty pageants , reminds me of OO night ...but OO night was definately a tamer and friendly version of those ugly and cruel beauty pageants out there....

and honestly despite winning 2nd in OO ,

i felt that maybe I should go for a real beauty pageant contest in the future to see where my looks , my confidence and everything in between rank among other girls...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011