EXO

Note that I didn't copy from any articles ( the white stuff is coz I copied the wikipedia info and when I type after that , it became like that =.= )
The members of EXO ...
EXO (Korean: 엑소) is a twelve-member South Korean-Chinese boy group under SM Entertainment, formed in 2012. EXO is divided into two subgroups, EXO-K and EXO-M, promoting in South Korea and China separately. There is still debate over the number of members in each subgroup: theories differ between having 6 members in each, or EXO-K having 7 members and EXO-M having 5 members.
"The two new rookie groups that will be released by SM will debut at the same day, same time, and same song in both Korea and China respectively" ( taken from wikipedia ) 

How Unique aye ? To have a big group but split them into two ( K and M  : K-debut in Korea , M-debut in China ) For me , I think it's quite awesome too...because both sub-groups will have to sing the same songs ( but in different language ) ..fans will compare , so , I think this can be a healthy competition :D 
And , being the leader in the market , SM's marketing strategy is one-of-a-kind and amazing !! I'm kinda sick of so many new groups debuting already...and they managed to stole my attention by releasing sooo many amazing teasers ( some fans complained that there's TOO much teasers and TOO much KAI ) and yeah....THEY HAVEN'T EVEN DEBUT YET !!!!!! 
So , here are the teasers and personal comments about them :D : 
Teaser 1 : KAI 
SM started the ball rolling by releasing the 1st teaser featuring EXO-K's 1st member , who is KAI. This video is really good. I caught the Sherlock Holmes feel and KAI execute his ' acting ' and dancing well here :) when he just flung the cape foward + the slow motion = WOW ( NOT to mention that he's kinda handsome too XD AND I can't help to notice that he kinda look like SHINee'S Taemin ) ...and to add on , the song ( My Lady ) is amazingly good ! 
Note :  I think this teaser was recorded quite some time ago , because KAI now is quite different , He looked more matured , hot and handsome now 0.0 
Teaser 2 : KAI and LU HAN 
This teaser features KAI and EXO-M's 1st member , who is LU HAN . I noticed that their dancing is really good but was wondering why Kai's in front of the video ? Was thinking that LU HAN is too pretty for my liking lols . Oh yeah...KAI stole the show here with his dancing skills XD ( and perhaps he's my favourite member lols XD ) ...was thinking that the line ' Supernatural power ' was sung by Kai ( just my intuition ...have yet to hear KAI's voice ) 
Note : looking back now , even LU HAN changed....he looks manlier now and he have good dancing skills ( and to top that up , GREAT clear and guy-ish voice ) which means he's an all rounded member ( who can be the lead vocalist and main dancer of a group- EXO-M at the same time ? usually there's only ' lead dancer and vocalist ' or ' lead singer and dancer ' ) lols XD 
Teaser 3 : TAO
This teaser features EXO-M's 2nd member , who is TAO . ( on a random note : TAO and LU HAN are of chinese descent ) . He showed of his martial arts skills here which is MAD GOOD ! Some questioned why they show his martial art skills instead of dancing / singing ? But I think this is a good move , coz teasers are meant to attract the peoples' attention :D and typical dancing and singing is COMMON ( unless you are really good ) 
Note : I noticed that TAO have a very unique / exotic face 0.0 not conventional but quite attractive ( though not my type lols ) ...and he looked like my ex-college mate , Zhoon Xin lols XD 
Teaser 4 : KAI
This teaser features KAI again ( same scene like teaser 1 ) but this time , it just showcase his smooth dancing skills 
Note : this is when I found out that KAI and me shares the same b'day !! omgosh....well...except that he's two years younger =.= 
Teaser 5 : KAI
This teaser features KAI again ( this is when people started to complain that there's too much KAI ) ...I'm ok with his dancing here but I also noticed that he looks much better now XD and wow , did I just heard some dubstep there ? BONUS points :D 
Teaser 6 : KAI
This teaser features KAI again and he doesn't look like him here XD ( the eyeliner parhaps ? ) , His dancing is better here , and SM's uses the light technology thing is kinda smart here lols XD 
Teaser 7 : KAI AND SEHUN 
This teaser features KAI and the 2nd member of EXO-K , SE HUN . Apparently SE HUN is the maknae ( youngest ) of the bunch...their dancing is good ( no surprise already ) and SE HUN is quite attractive ..
Teaser 8 : SE HUN
This teaser features SE HUN . Now people can finally see his face really closeup . No dancing here , just visuals XD but I like the song lols XD ( Seriously , their songs in all teasers are amazing.... ) and towards the end , people got a glimpse that EXO will have 12 members ( the big group that is ) 
Note : He's cute and kinda handsome XD but I'm not really a fan of his eyes here XD too lazy for my liking ( though sometimes those eyes have certain charms lols XD ) 
Teaser 9 : SE HUN and LU HAN
This teaser features SE HUN and LU HAN . Wow... this teaser have no dancing too , just eye candy . But really , this is the feast for the eyes !! SE HUN and LU HAN looked great here ( i'm guessing that this was shoot not too long ago coz their faces have become more matured and better ) and the song is good ...it suits the amazing scenery too !!! this teaser makes me wanna go to that place and hire a person to shoot my pictures there XD 
Teaser 10 : LAY
This teaser features another chinese member , EXO-M's 2nd member , LAY . Not much comment here , ok ok teaser , but the effects of this video is good .
Teaser 11 : KAI and XIU MIN 
This teaser features KAI and another korean member ( but will be in EXO-M) , who is Xiu Min . KAI stole the show here ( in fact , he stole A LOT ! ). Not a fan of Xiu Min's face , ( he look like a guy version of Wonder Girl's Sohee . I think this video is quite recent too coz KAI's face have matured compared to the previous teasers where he was featured XD His smirk , etc expression here is amazing ...wow...
Teaser 12 : KAI and LAY 
This teaser features KAI and LAY . This is 2nd favourite teaser so far , but I'm most addicted to this song ( it's even my ringtone ) XD KAI's really amazing here...his dancing , expression..wow...but his hair ...not really a fan . OMGOSH !! and I heard SHINee Key's voice here !!! his voice is really manly here compared to his rap in SHINEE songs lols >< 
Note : So many people are like ' ahhhhhh KAI abs..' but I see no abs XD or i'm blind ? XD 
SM then stop releasing teasers ( for that time ) and released EXO's prologue song which is ' WHAT IS LOVE ' ...so here , the people get a clearer view...EXO-K singing the korean version of the song , and EXO-M singing the mandarin version of the song to cater to different market.... ( the mv is kinda the same..which is a collection of the teasers but there's slight changes ) 
For better comparison : ( split headset version ) 
My comment : 
Their singing here is amazing that showcase 4 person's singing ability ( only 2 are singing in each verison )  The korean verison introduce us to four members of EXO who is BAEK HYUN and JUN MYUN ( and features CHAN YEOL - visual only ) where the mandarin version introduces CHEN and features LU HAN ( and also CHRIS- visual only ) . 
I'm impressed more by the mandarin version , maybe because i'm shocked to see that LU HAN is going to sing and was even more shocked when I hear him sing !! That just blew my mind away that I thought he cannot sing and looks too pretty...but he's amazingly handsome here...and I still can't believe that he's 21 !!! 
But now I like both version ( just the mandarin version slightly more ) ...Both have great singing skills , they hit every note really well...But for me , LU HAN's R&B skills are smoother and slightly better than his korean counterparts...his ' woo..oh...uh..oh oh oh ' etc is really good...CHEN's voice is powerful , but a bit shrill and LU HAN's not very deep but kinda manly voice balance that shrill and power really well . The korean version is a bit more rough ( in a good way ) than the mandarin version ( because of LU HAN ) ...both is good , just that it brings different feel . That's it XD and wow...the cinematography is amazing 0.0 In a sense , maybe i'm a bit more attracted to the mandarin version initially because I don't really like mandarin songs nowadays ( all so monotonous and same =.= ) and even my mum said that LU HAN is really good 0.0 
then SM brings out another teaser , 
Teaser 13 : SE HUN and surprise-cameo KAI 
This is perhaps my favourite teaser LOLS , not because of SE HUN ( maybe a bit ) but because of the dance and the idea xD I kept finding who is the one dancing with the hat , which I thought maybe it's KAI , but KAI was dancing with a shirt lols XD and this answered my question XD I like the idea here lols XD where SE HUN dance both standing up and on the chair which is really good XD and KAI makes a good cloth hanger aye ? lols XD
Note : I'm guessing that teaser 14 will be KAI ....coz in ' WHAT IS LOVE ' that MV , there's one part where KAI solo-dance with the shirt and the hat ( which is really hot lols XD ) 
haha XD 
KAI , LU HAN and SE HUN went for a photoshoot too !! and I really think they are really like TAEMIN's clone...and we found out that TAEMIN and KAI are best friends lols XD 
This is where I found out KAI have deep voice ( plus point !!!! ) and he looked super shy here ( maybe coz his seniors , Girls Generation is here haha XD  ) which is so different compared to his charismatic look in the teasers lols XD He's even more shy than his dog lols XD and SE HUN is like ' I don't get why girls get excited when there's cute stuff ' lols XD 
KAI , LU HAN , SE HUN and TAEMIN here XD 

I can't wait for their debut lols XD 

Comments

Biopolymath said…
I'm waiting for EXO's debut too! I am wondering what's special with Kai since he is featured in many teasers. But Kai's feature in multiple teasers is no surprise since SM is known for playing favouritism.

As for marketing strategy, I think TS Entertainment has done a better job at debuting B.A.P. Before B.A.P.'s debut, I know of the leader's and maknae's talent but TS Entertainment kept the rest until debut - that builds anticipation even more. Leaking is becoming a marketing strategy now, B.A.P.'s debut is one example.
chermaine said…
HAHA !!

well said XD hmm...perhaps Kai have a very handsome face ? lols XD

I see... for me , I think both companies took different approach XD I don't really know B.A.P and don't really like ' Warrior ' >< But Zelo's rap is amazing XD I think they shouldn't dye all of their hair blonde though...

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011