EXO's prologue single : HISTORY

                                                EXO members in their respective units ( K & M )

After countless teasers which honestly I got bored of after teaser no. xxxxxxxxxxxx ( too many teasers =.= ) 
but to be fair , Teaser 23 is awesome :) ( as indicated in my previous post about EXO ) 

So while EXO was slowly getting out of my mind...
I was taken aback and was happy that they are releasing another single ( which I thought will be their debut song but 0.0....perhaps SM have other plans... ) 

Korean version : 

KAI , BAEKHYUN , DO , SEHUN , CHANYEOL & SUHO


Mandarin version : 

LU HAN , CHEN , KRIS , TAO , LAY & XIUMIN 


Verdict and Comments :

1 ) The song itself 

The song itself is good...which is something that SM have not produced in a long time ( after Super Junior's crappy songs : A Cha and Bonamana I started to lose hope ) but this song is good !! It's vibrant , hyper , enthusiastic , the sound effect is good  , tight vocal layering etc... This song definitely have the potential and it grows on you ...and even though there's word repetition , SM did not abused it with this song...so it's good :)

And of course...One thing I really appreciate about this songs is that , this is not a love song !!! ( it's rare ! ) I know some are complaining that they don't understand the meaning ...but for me , it's somewhat part encouraging song + some which I don't understand ( e.g : The despair of the sun , split in half...hmmm are they talking about EXO K & M - since their teasers mostly have eclipse... ) 

2 ) The MV


I guess the MV is set in those typical SM ' boxes ' again with CGI effects...but This one doesn't disappoint much because it looks sleek , clean and neat while having amazing backgrounds ( like the one that resembles a surface of the moon )...though the 2nd MV scene looks like a set recycled from SNSD's The Boys.

 3 ) Delivery of the song 

                       Love his voice...but I barely recognize him in ' history ' with the make up XD 

Previously , I favour EXO M's version of ' What is Love ' rather than EXO K ( perhaps EXO M's version sounds more romantic and gentle ) but this time round , EXO K win hands down ... 

EXO K's voices are more aggressive and I prefer the feel EXO exerts here ... and of course , Baek Hyun and D.O's unique voices does help a lot !!! EXO M's version is actually good...but it's tad softer than their counterparts..perhaps because both cater to very different market...Korean Pop are more hyper and aggressive , while Mandopop is much on the softer side ( something that i'm not used to when it comes to upbeat songs like this ) 

4 ) Dancing and synchronization 

EXO K's practise video : 


EXO M's practise video : 


Honestly , EXO K wins again...their dance have more power and especially , very synchronized...but judging from the different markets they are targeting , EXO Kmust be of THAT standard to complete with the sea of idols who ( are like them trained really long...5-7 years ? ) are also very good at dancing and synchronizing... for EXO M , their dancing is mediocre compared to EXO K but compared to their mandarin market counterparts , they are miles better than them ( honest ! ) ...Even though this is just a practise video , you can see that EXO K exerts more professionalism ( maybe I'm seeing KAI lols )...at first I thought nothing was wrong with EXO K's video...until I saw comments and I watched the video again and saw Kai sprained his ankle in the video ...he hide his pain really well ( I thought he's just doing some cool expression but at around 2:25 - 2:27 , you can see his slight change in his facial expression..indicating that he's indeed in pain after the feet thingy ) ..and I respect him more now..that he behaved like a pro though he's hurt... ( okay I sound like a defensive fangirl ) ...but to be fair...performers must perform well on stage even though there's accident / mistake , you must act like it's part of it...and even though you got hurt doing a routine , just continue...though it's painful ..( I understand KAI coz I hurt my back before doing some stunts in a routine and I have to show the face like there's nothing wrong even though bending was really " arghhhhh " and I got scolded like crazy for not bending low enough in my hurt stage...but that's what performers suppose to do !) ......I was thought that way...and it is SUPPOSE TO BE THAT way :) 

5 ) Appeal
                                      HAHA !!! EXO M's TAO piercing gazeXD SO ANIME AYE ?

I noticed that EXO K members are hot , but more to the adorable side ( perhaps most of them are 2 years younger than I am =.= )  , but EXO M members are hotter and more matured ( perhaps most of them are older than me..and some only 1 year younger ) ... EXO K's appeal lies in their synchronization and oozing charisma from members ( equally ) , while EXO M's appeal lies in their individual uniqueness...if you notice  , you can distinguish their singing and rapping voice in EXO M better... 

EXO have nearly everything : Looks , top notch dancing skills , great vocal ability...

but they lack

ORIGINALITY...EXO songs sounds like SHINee + Super Junior + DBSK mash up together...they are near perfect...but originality is really low...I hope SM can find a unique concept for them :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011