This is sort of like a stupid thought of mine...

When I see disabled parking spaces in many buildings and shopping malls , a question pops in my head : ' Whether can a person with disabilities - but NOT physically disabled ..perhaps mentally disabled ( a person who is Autistic , hyperactive etc ) use those parking spaces ?

Judging from the picture above , perhaps many of you will say " Chermaine , how can you be so stupid ? of course handicapp parkings are for handicapp people "

Hold your horses !!!
Well , uh DUH..handicapp parkings are indeed for people with disabilities ( handicapp ) . However, there are MANY TYPES OF DISABLITIES !!! Those on wheelchairs / lack of any limbs are physically disabled and perhaps the most common disability that the regular people know..because it's obvious...
Back to the TOPIC , the man above obviously is entitled to those special parking spaces...but there are other types of disabilities which are not very obvious..such as
                     People who are hearing impaired ( deaf )  - Random : Their dancing WOW !!!
I said that deaf people are not so obvious because they look exactly like you and me ( some are incredibly hot and attractive ) and you might not know unless they show you their hearing aid.. ( sensory disability ) ...and there's also mental disorders ( those are disabilities as well 0.0 )
                                                            A down syndrome conductor

Some mental disabilities are more obvious than others ( e.g : Down Syndrome )...and there are some disabilities are still in the subject of debate ( ' Is Autism a disability ? ' , ' Deafness shouldn't be a disability ' )
My personal opinion on : ' Is Autism a disability ? '
Autistic people are like you and me : We look the same and you might not know they have it ( mild ) and some can be even smarter than you an me ( Autistic savants - people with extraordinary abilities )
                                                          This picture proves my point..

Well , according to my opinion , Autism is part disability and part developmental differences . I'll break my explanation into two parts . ( I think my views might a slightly controversial...but well that's how my brain works ) . Humans have 5 senses : sight , hearing , smell , touch and taste . (I think) Some people might state that Autism is NOT a disability because they capable of all of the above. However , for me , I think that it is part disability because they don't have the ' 6th sense ' which I can't really pinpoint what but I know. They are different from us , thousands of pictures comes into their head all at once , hence they find it hard to concentrate and thus will scream / play with pencils ( depending on different individuals ) to distract themselves from those thoughts. Oh ya , and did I mention that when they look at something , they see many pictures ? Imagine yourself living in a noisy world 0.0 ...it's quite complex to explain here because you really have to live with an Autistic person to understand what I'm saying . Part developmental differences for me means that they just develop different than us..and THAT doesn't mean that they are slower by any means ( perhaps in some areas they might struggle a little ) but man... judging from my bro , he can do standard 3 things when he was 6 lol...

My personal opinion on : ' Deafness is not a disability '


I felt that deafness is a disability because they lack one sense : hearing . Simple as that..But it's good now that hearing aid can help them hear :)

So , back to the main question : Can people with other disabilities use the carpark ?

Honestly , I am not very sure but I guess

1 ) I think that people with mobility problems can use those carparks..( obviously )

2 ) If the driver / passenger is Autistic , they can use because they have the OKU card XD

lols...but how about people who suffers from deafness..?
I guess they can use it because they have the OKU card ( though it's highly debatable because they are mobile )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011