GOPHER TUNAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! O FORTUNA !!!!!!!!!!!



AHHHHHH !!!!!!!!! This song is stuck in my head !!!
Usually I just find 'misheard lyrics' videos funny and that's it.

But this is stuck in my head !!!
Probably because I was studying in the library about 20th century music and I saw this cantata in my textbook with the lyrics, analysis etc 0.0 XD

The original lyrics is in Latin though...and the misheard lyrics actually have proper sentence etc lols XD

I kept replaying it omgosh...

I hope this won't affect my History listening test on Friday XD

Later all I remember is only "OH PAPER CUT! SANDPAPER AH!" haha XD

The original lyrics :

O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

Try singing the misheard lyrics while reading the original lyrics !! You'll be stunned that they really match !!! 

p.s: On a random note, I think I'm super 'kisiao' now coz I'm super stressed, exhausted and busy now @.@ 

I also really like Medieval poem and all because it gives the gothic and the epic feel haha XD so thanks Carl Orff for composing such epic cantata for this epic Medieval poem :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011