Amour T'es La

                                                        A picture of the recording session

Few weeks back, my friend introduced me to this song (Amour T'es La) and said *please listen with earphones on! :D. I was curious la..like okay...why need earphone? But I somehow I obeyed haha XD and no regrets!! Man!! this song is so awesome that the song is stuck in my head..the rhythms, her voice, the piano, the solos etc...that it was stuck at the wrong timing because the next day I have to sit for History quiz 2..

So, here is the song :)


*The girl with the accordion is Banda Giannikou and the whole band behind is Snarky Puppy. Basically, both acts collaborated in this recording session.

This song brings back some of the awesome memories I had during World Music class last year where we listen to foreign language songs and basically, WORLD MUSIC!! and I really love World music..

This song genre is World Music with a touch of jazz, samba rhythms etc (to me la) but somehow, it gives a very cosmopolitan and yet fun upbeat romance at the same time. I really love the vibe of this song because it is just so amazing that she can link both elements together :)

About Magda Giannikou and 'Amour T'es La'


Magda is a multi-instrumentalist (she can play the accordion, piano, can sing and is a composer!!) and a Berklee College of Music graduate (woah! That's why so badass!!). She was born in Greece but the unique thing about her is that, she sings in FRENCH (man..when I heard her singing, I thought she is French =.=), use latin grooves (such as Samba) and jazz!! So amazing!!

'Amour T'es La' means 'You There,Love?' is her original composition which have french lyrics, and bossa/samba rhythm with jazz. I love that she uses breathy vocals to express the song despite me not knowing what it really meant (I can't find the lyrics online :( )

Anyways, this song and her collaboration video with Snarky puppy deserves to get more attention from music enthusiast and just general listeners. It is an amazing song that will brighten up your day and inspire you.Seriously..IT IS THAT AWESOME!

Comments

woolyss said…
Hello chermaine!
I like very much this artist too. I am french. So, I give you lyrics in French. Use Google translate! ^^

Bouquets des roses
Chansons qui parlent que d’une chose
Amour, amour
Tremblement de terre
Collier qui porte mon bonheur
Amour, toujours
Amour, t’es là?
Amour, je cherche ton schéma
Amour, c’est toi?
Amour, pourquoi tu te caches de moi

Rêve des bisous
Deux mots, qui caressent le cou
Amour, amour
Monde à l’envers
Qui va porter mon bonheur
Amour, toujours
Amour, t’es là?
Amour, je cherche ton schéma
Amour, c’est toi?
Amour, je sais pas vraiment
Amour, pourquoi?
Amour, pourquoi tu te caches de moi?

Chaque matin je me lève, je me lève très tôt
Pour aller au boulot
Ce matin j’ai l’impression
Quelqu’un va repondre à ma question
Amour, t’es là?
Amour, je cherche ton schéma
Amour, c’est toi?
Amour, je sais pas vraiment
Amour, t’es fou
Amour, je te cherche, t’es où?
Amour, pourquoi, amour
Pourquoi, tu te caches de moi?

Source: http://www.bandamagda.com/

And for other songs: http://bandamagda.bandcamp.com/

I am not a musician or other. I like this artist only!

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011