My last and final pageant.

Things have been crazy since I've been juggling with my full-time job, freelance writing job, Autism concert plans, and now on top of that, a beauty pageant. Honestly, I kinda moved on from pageantry after my national competition back in April because I want to dedicate more time for my career. However, an e-mail came last month and I just decided to attend the video audition last Saturday to try my luck. Lo and behold, I got it..this morning. I actually applied for this right after my national pageant haha. That time very eager la...that's why.

Truthfully, I think my audition was average. I definitely did better for the last two auditions. Perhaps, that's because I just go with the flow this time rather than preparing a guideline. What a coincidence that all 3 of my auditions were 1-1 interview with the State/National Director. The only difference is that I actually sang for this audition and they didn't stop me! I was relieved and I found it funny after the call was over haha.

Now that it has sunk in, I'm panicking a little as I've not walked in 5-7 inches heels for nearly 5 months! Looking at the itinerary got me worried as the finals will be held next Sunday. Since, I'm the second batch of finalists selected (I missed the first audition due to a clash in my performance schedule), that leaves me only 1 week to get everything together. This pageant focuses a lot of Q&A and I feel that I'm still lacking in this area.

It's gonna be a hell of a week: working, driving to places to get my outfits, practicing my rusty catwalk, preparing the essay, ticketing, brush up on my public speaking skills, etc. BUT I'm really excited to meet the other girls and learn something from them.

On a random note, I'm really thankful to God and proud of myself to have come this far. A girl with serious social anxiety issues coming out to join pageants, meet new people, and pick up interesting job challenges? The first thing I wanna do is to hug this girl back in 2014, in our room as she's too afraid to face the world, tell her that everything will be okay and she'll do the amazing things that appeared in her dreams.

Great things will happen to you when you take a bold step towards new challenges. Am I still afraid? Of course. I still feel slightly nervous to go to social events, but I always comfort and encourage myself to step out and it works because I always come back feeling accomplished and gained knowledge from the people I met.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011