Artist Block

I used to write poems so freely,
I used to play music with so much enjoyment,
I used to draw fearlessly,
I used to dance like nobody's watching,
I used to sing like the birds in the sky, not caring about anything in the world.

But what happened?
Honestly, it has been years since I struggled with 'artist block'.
I'm still not sure how I'm going to overcome this.
Creating used to be my life and soul.
But I'm losing touch with this Artistic soul.

I'm still finding the pieces.
Perhaps life got the better of me.
I'm busy helping others to achieve their dreams.
I'm happy, I truly am.

But internally,
I do feel slightly empty.
Deep down,
I feel the artist in me is slowly disappearing.

God, please teach me to overcome this.
I want to be able to create all over again.
Without reservations, fears, and judgments.

Or perhaps, this is not my calling.
Dear Lord, please guide me.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011