1st day as a Music student

It was pure awesomeness :D
Even though I was in the university for 10+ hours ,
I made so so many friends and lessons are fun :)
( though certain subjects will be a challenge for me )
But , I have the confidence that I can cope this semester well :D (DON'T ask me why because I don't know )
( though many people said that i'm crazy to take 8 subjects this semester XD )

Honestly ,
I did felt small...Some took ATCL , some are gonna take LTCL , some still have private classes...
and me  ?
(I've stopped taking any individual lessons since early 2010 because I used to think that law will future profession ,but then I noticed that even though I really love it ( I don't mind taking double degree in law and music but unfortunately Malaysia don't offer such thing and it will be crazy expensive abroad , I never like the job scope ( of being a lawyer ) and it was actually my way of escaping my passion + my fear = taking music as my main thing..)
and I was in an unknown land ( after grade 8 'circa' ATCL period ) for so many years..
AND of course...even though I completed my grade 8 when I was 14 ,
my skills are rusty now and many people are catching up...
and i'm still stuck at that level :(

Hearing seniors and other music students practise their pieces in those practise rooms gave me hope
that one day ( perhaps after my 1st jury / 1st year / 2nd ) that I can be like them :)
I'm also very excited to finally have a piano tutor to really teach me technical skills , etc after soo long...

I found out that my piano tutor is a guy ( I know..omgosh.. )
and once I saw his profile , I know that he's the right tutor for me :)
To be really honest ,
I consider myself an all-rounder when it comes to music and performing arts ( dancing , singing , etc ) ...
This is good , but I do not have any specialties...
When I saw his profile that he's a musical director of plays , took double degree for piano and vocal , masters in collaborative performance ... I was ecstatic :)
Seeing that he's an all-rounder gave me familiarity and comfort :)
( since i'm more of a classical + contemporary type of person + I really want to play some broadway-ish pieces )

Even though I have to take a few foundation courses for this semester
( at first I was sad because I hurt me and my pride...and I did cried like crazy thinking that they put me in foundation =.= but I just need to take few subs for two sem =.= ) ,
but now I'm thanking God and the people in charge for that decision...
Was thinking if I have to take everything in degree now ,
I'll die from syllabus shock since i've been static for years :)
These few courses allow me to refresh and gear myself up for degree even better :)

I'm juggling with both foundation and degree subjects for semester 1 :)
Somebody said that I'm super hardcore and this is only my first semester :)
but I have a feeling that this will be awesome :)
and perhaps ,

this is really what i've been waiting for since i-don't-know-when that's why....

Life's great ATM :) Thank God for everything :)
for breaking down my pride and allowing me to learn with a humble heart

" A person with low confidence doesn't mean that he/she have no pride , A person with pride doesn't mean that he/she have confidence "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011