Bye semester 1

Woah ! I cannot believe that my last post was way back in May when I was starting my semester in UCSI. See how time flies, it's August already a.k.a HOLIDAY ( okay..it's ending soon ) and I'm starting my new semester next week yay :)

                                                       Oh well, maybe not a beach holiday :(

Semester 1 have been a really busy yet enriching semester for me. Everything is so real to me when I first stepped into UCSI's music faculty block then WHAM!!! it is my dream come true!! I have been going there countless times to watch various performances and graduation recitals and now I'm here...wow...it's really an amazing feeling :D Imagine, everyday you hear amazing music, classical, jazz etc... it's like heaven on earth :) ...and well, that's what I experience every single day :D

                                               Wow... didn't know 'Music Heaven' is a book 0.0

I got to know so many friends from foundation and degree which I'm actually shocked myself... because on the first day itself, I got more than 30 phone numbers lols XD I never thought I'm this sociable haha XD XD but what I experienced these few months really proved that music students are really friendly and close ( even with their lecturers ) because we share so many experiences...some which others may not understand....

Being a first year music student opened my eyes to so many things and changed my perspectives on various issues such as :

1) Classical majors are elitist who only listen to classical music
2) Music students are stuck up people who look down on others
3) Music students are selfish and they don't share their tips and knowledge
4) Majoring in contemporary is easier/ you will never learn much if you are a contemporary major

And other stereotypes of what other majors think about us such as :

1) Majoring in music is simple...this course is for those who are not academically inclined
2) Music majors have their own groups..they never socialize with others
3) We are the 'anti-pop music' bunch

To clarify things, music majors are like you and me , we are ordinary people and human..we listen to pop music too ( if not , more...) . My first day itself , me and my new found friends went crazy in the practise room , singing and playing pop music etc like there's no tomorrow :) Also , my friends are particularly friendly and open when it comes to sharing tips and skills from their major lecturers and encouraged me to work harder :)

Before entering UCSI, many friends told me that Classical majors are really elitist who look down at you from the corridor ( that's how I imagine ) , but the truth is that music majors are really down-to-earth people..well , of course you can't escape a few occasional 'stuck-up' people..but that's not a big problem neither... drama in music university is relatively low...like 1% ..

I have a new found respect towards contemporary music students . Initially , I used to think that contemporary music is really easy. That's the reason why I didn't choose contemporary but choose classical music instead. However, I soon noticed that contemporary music is hard in their own way because they need  to improvise and use a lot of thinking for chords etc.. and seriously, I found myself more interested in contemporary music...and even consider to take Masters in Jazz after my degree in classical music.. at least I have the best of both ' worlds ' lols..

Semester 2 is starting next week , and I can't wait till then :) It will be a busy yet exciting semester :)

Cheers to myself :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011