Short Semester: Subjects and Results

8 Words : ALL GLORY TO GOD AND PRAISE THE LORD !!!!


Semester 2 was a really tough for me since it is a short semester!! (I talked about it more on in my previous post). I was quite worried because my semester 1 result is mediocre and I really want to see more A's in my result page.

Subject 1: Minor Instrument 2- Contemporary piano


I posted quite a lengthy one about this subject on the previous post, so I'm going to skip it now :)

Subject 2: Music Theory 1

                                       * On a random note, this is totally innovative !!

Honestly, I did not have much hope in Music Theory 1 as I never get really good results for theory...I passed my grade 5 Theory with 'Pass' which was in 2005 and well...My theory level is just until grade 5 unlike most of my classmates who mostly finished their grade 8 in Theory :( Also, I missed my A for Theory Rudiments which was a huge disappointment as I expected to get at least 80...so it was like a heavy heart after a heartbreak and feeling lost when I first entered into Music Theory 1. However, I thank the Lord that he is so good to me that he placed so many helpful friends to help me in my 'Theory shortcomings' and such a dedicated lecturer to explain and make sure I understand everything (she even went all out to ask me to see her after class so that I won't missed any lessons when I was on MC because I was sick on one occasion). For once, I actually ENJOYED STUDYING AND DOING THEORY!!!! (those homework really helped too!!! and the fines for parallels, rules etc!!!) I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I CAN ACE DOING SATB SO WELL!!!! I prayed to God hoping he can give me at least a B as my results for quizzes are not really good ( 8.9 and 9.0 for both quizzes and 24.9/30 for midterms) but when Finals result came in...I was in for a HUGE SHOCK!!! I actually got 85 which is an A !!!!! and this meant that during finals, I only made really few mistakes!!! PRAISE THE LORD BECAUSE SATB IS REALLY SCARY AND YOU CAN SAY BYE BYE TO 10 MARKS JUST BECAUSE YOU MESSED UP ONE TINY DETAIL/ CARELESS!!!!!( Experienced this during midterms lol). I was super shocked and I would like to thank God, my friends and lecturer for this!!! even though I missed A+ by 1 mark ..but I'm still very very very happy :D I can't wait to see what seventh chords with SATB will bring during Music Theory 2, but all I can say is Bring it On!!! I'll study even harder for this !!! because it will definitely be harder XD

Subject 3: World Music

No doubt, this subject is hands down my ultimate favourite for semester 2!!! I love general knowledge and learning about cultures, their music, lives etc and this subject is just what I've been hoping to study!!! My lecturer was really good! and I learnt soooo much because of this subject !! It is refreshing to step out and look into other music and their culture for once and understand sooo many concepts!! I learnt to be more accepting of other culture and be thankful that A-levels was not a waste of time (haha...the two sentence don't relate but I'll explain it now :) ).I understood the concept of globalization,economics and law because of A-levels and this subject dealt with these stuff as well ( oh ya...history as well :D).Perhaps, I have an added advantage because of this + I love to read about general knowledge. FOR ONCE I FELT that what i've been reading all these while are not wasted!!! and what I lacked (in experience and knowledge as most students in this class are graduating students), God compensated it with what I studied during A-levels which I kept questioning Him why he put me there first...but really, A-levels was a big help for me not only for this subject, but everything in general!!! As this subject have no quizzes, it was tough for us to score. I was aiming for 'Pass' for this subject because my analysis wasn't good yet since i'm just a year 1 student and my senior friends seemed to know those terms that I don't know yet. I was praying hard during midterms that I will pass my paper and not fail....but I was in for the shock when I received my paper and got 26.5/30 for the whole paper!!! For the subjective and essay paper, I received a whopping 19.5/20 which was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! My picky lecturer actually gave me a 10/10 for my essay which was the first in my LIFE !!! I was stunned. After I received my results, my friends asked me to teach them how to answer which I did. I was really happy to help them :) I really love that feeling :) In the end, I got 85 marks for this paper which I was really thanking God for as this subject is super wide...and you really don't know what will come out + I crap at some questions lols !! which got full marks ( I still remember you, 'Improvisation' question) (whaaaaattttttttt..........) and my friends thanked me when they passed their finals :) I was sooo happy for them :) They help me in theory, I help them in this :) haha XD Also, this subject opened the door for me to know the seniors better. I started to know them better and guys that I never though will approach me approached me haha (lols..i'm a girl I still like all these guilty pleasure of being noticed by good looking guys haha XD) and also being praised that I'm diverse 0.0 (coz I like both classical and jazz.....huh?) and yeah...my lecturer like to tease me =.= so yeah... the whole class teases me...especially during my presentation !!! Ahhh i'm crapping now...but I can't wait to seee my friends already !!! I miss them especially my batch mates !!! It was such a fun fun fun class and kudos to my lecturer for making such a heavy subject fun to learn :D

Subject 4: Practical skills 2


'Practical Skills 2' is something like Aural class but more stuff and more details (I guess). Honestly, I was really unhappy when they placed me in Practical skills 1 after my audition as I don't think i'm that bad!!! I didn't even study and just practice a bit and I got 87 for it...and my friends were all in practical skills 2....I felt so bad because I was the only one in my batch who is a degree student taking foundation subject for practical skill...My friend said I should appeal but I didn't :( Back to topic, my friends said practical skills 2 is quite hard...and she was just so happy when she got a B for it. Thus, I did not have high expectation for this subject and placed the least emphasis on this subject as I was dealing with my stressful short semester. I actually did complained to my friend that Practical skills 1 was super easy and they said they were shocked that I was placed in PS1 previously (omgosh now I felt I was super boastful)...oh nvm... but God have his plans. Because of PS1, I grasp the timing of note values better and it further improve rhythm during sight reading...so it was indirectly perfecting my sight reading which was awesome!!! I missed like..3 class for practical skills 2 ( thank God I didn't got barred ) , I screwed my midterms super badly...like a lot I just tembak, sang the wrong key etc !!! and I think I missed some pop quiz during my 3 absents.. I was just praying to pass...and God gave me and A omgosh !!! I was just hoping to PASS !!! my lecturer actually warned me in front of the class that I passed...and I got an A FOR MY FINALS !!! super insane !!! All glory goes to the Lord !!!

Somehow, I've been wanting to post my testimony of my results in a page..but I felt it will look boastful, So I'll praise the Lord here :) I really thank God for what he has done!!! Truly when you follow his will, you will not falter...coz really...from first semester until now..it was a smooth semester and I am enjoying every single moment of it !! Everything goes to God :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Chinese International 2012 : Results & Overall Review

BEAUTY vs BRAINS

Miss Astro 2011 a.k.a Miss Malaysia Chinese International 2011